26/09/2020 17:00 IN-GAME, V-DAY

we need to discuss the animalized actions of the players

On 7/10/2020 at 10:07 AM, Julio said:

To me it's pretty clear cut.

- A civilian randomly killing cops is DM.

- A cop randomly killing civilians is DM.

Interesting, I absolutely agree. In fact, I believe most players would read that and say they agree. But the issue here lies in the fact that these rules sound consistent but they aren't enforced consistently. Every part will be taken to some degree of interpretation to the point where even admins would disagree on what the rule would constitute.

On 7/10/2020 at 10:07 AM, Julio said:

If a criminal wants to randomly "kill" cops - do it RPly. If a cop wants to RP corruption, put some effort in and do it in a way that doesn't involve the "victim" losing something (RP kill but not actually shooting etc).

The game is a supporting piece to RP, your actions should be text based. If you didn't *actually* kill them IG so what? If you have agreement in /em that they're dead, this is good enough.

The fact of the matter is that a lot of players aren't on the server to create an interesting RP experience. They are here to "win". That would usually mean that the player would be looking to empower themselves both on the gameplay level and on the roleplay level. They would likely never engage in an RP that had no actual benefit to them since they very clearly are looking at it as a bunch of rules to work around and using RP as a means to an end. In doing so, players do not separate themselves from the character they play, and in turn act to target the other players themselves, not the other characters. This is what makes it such a pain to play with players like this, and what truly ruins RP.

• Jаmes locked this topic