Find results in...
Toni

Regarding Police Department

PD Recruitment System  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes, this should be implemented.
    • No (I will explain my reasoning)

PD is the most important group of this server,  and most of the role-play is done by them but the current system of recruiting new cadets is really not good like 60% of the  cops can't even role-play properly or are not aware of the server rules. For example yesterday a cop fined me 3500 for driving a vehicle without a driving license, plus we cant report half of the servers' cops of course.

Just wanted to suggest something that the recruitment should be made a bit harder, like the new cadets should be picked through an application format. This can be done on forums too/or the questions that are asked in-game should be made a bit harder(and few of the answers should be written in a training manual, which can be created by the chief on forum) and a few more questions should be added, plus the answers should be written instead of inserting "1/2" like 100-200 words for why do you wish to join PD etc and when the applicant submits his application in-game, the chief has to go through his answers in-game. Later on when his application is accepted the chief can then interview the applicant by himself or ask any other higher ranked cop. 

14 minutes ago, Miles said:

like the new cadets should be picked through an application format.

Do you mean SAPD Volunteers? because SAPD Cadets are all carefully Handpicked by the SAPD Officers. 

no

removing all freecops because 1-2 dont know shit is not the solution

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, blacknight785 said:

sometimes 90% of the players are all cops. 

the solution is adding incentived for people to be civilians/criminals, not removing cops

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TiMoN said:

the solution is adding incentived for people to be civilians/criminals, not removing cops

alright bank robbery +1 support

3 hours ago, blacknight785 said:

Do you mean SAPD Volunteers? because SAPD Cadets are all carefully Handpicked by the SAPD Officers. 

Yes the SAPD volunteers.

3 hours ago, TiMoN said:

/or creating a proper training manual for the volunteers(which will include the fines to be issued and few other stuff) and making the volunteers go through it. This can be done by adding 2-3 tricky questions in-game(in the volunteer test format) and hiding the answer in the training manual.

Edited by Miles

23 hours ago, blacknight785 said:

sometimes 90% of the players are all cops. 

But now it's 50,50 . 

A solution is making sure that when going on duty, police officers with experience try to partner up with less experienced volunteers so they are guided properly and have a rolemodel to learn from, rather than friends partnering up and letting the new guys figure it out for themselves.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 3:32 PM, JufAnk said:

A solution is making sure that when going on duty, police officers with experience try to partner up with less experienced volunteers so they are guided properly and have a rolemodel to learn from, rather than friends partnering up and letting the new guys figure it out for themselves.

It is true that they should partner up with less experienced but most of the time our partners are chosen by sergeant+ himself also most of the volunteers doesn't obey the orders given by their seniors and I have personally experienced it. 

Edited by Mini_me

That means it's a priority for Sergeants to assign new, inexperienced volunteers to experienced officers.

3 minutes ago, JufAnk said:

That means it's a priority for Sergeants to assign new, inexperienced volunteers to experienced officers.

Yeah, but 10min after assigning partners then split for some reasons.

If everyone takes their responsibility you're able to minimize that as much as possible. Offering a friendly mentor to new cops who want to prosper within the department barely ever gets turned down.

The problem is some people simply dont like to partner up.
We force them to partner up, they might see it as something forced and dont care.
I have seen sergeants go to a great decree to partner people together and do organized patrol, and sadly some individuals always dont answer the radio (not because they are afk), or they split up later,  or they simply are out of control.

You have also to consider people who dont speak english but who play the server. Those guys want to be cop, server management does not discriminate them, those guys can follow the simple ROEs yet if you were to explain them stuff such as probable cause, cuffing with /me, they wont understand.
SAPD
believe it or not, has his own share of elite individuals who can perform more than patrolling. You got Macon and his SWAT team, you got CID who has a shitton of casefile on nearly the whole server yet cant like always sue else people would get poor and leave and so on.

And if the job would get removed, trollish but "roleplaying" individuals like Timon wouldnt be able to occasionally play and do their corrupt shenanigans.

Edited by Bangoh

6 hours ago, Bangoh said:

elite individuals

You got Macon 

0f8

6 hours ago, Bangoh said:

The problem is some people simply dont like to partner up.
We force them to partner up, they might see it as something forced and dont care.
I have seen sergeants go to a great decree to partner people together and do organized patrol, and sadly some individuals always dont answer the radio (not because they are afk), or they split up later,  or they simply are out of control.

You have also to consider people who dont speak english but who play the server. Those guys want to be cop, server management does not discriminate them, those guys can follow the simple ROEs yet if you were to explain them stuff such as probable cause, cuffing with /me, they wont understand.
SAPD
believe it or not, has his own share of elite individuals who can perform more than patrolling. You got Macon and his SWAT team, you got CID who has a shitton of casefile on nearly the whole server yet cant like always sue else people would get poor and leave and so on.

And if the job would get removed, trollish but "roleplaying" individuals like Timon wouldnt be able to occasionally play and do their corrupt shenanigans.

lmao

x) that was mean timon, come

Edited by Bangoh

8 hours ago, Bangoh said:

x) that was mean timon, come

in all fairness i loved the part where you called me a troll but roleplayer