Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TiMoN

[COMMUNITY OPINION] FiveM Mudoo Server

What kind of gamemode would you like to see in FiveM?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Gamemodes

• Roleplay
    • Freeroam/Cops & Robbers
    • Team Deathmatch
    • Other(Post Below)

Posted (edited)

As some of you may have heard, the server management have recently taken an interest in developing a GTA V server for Mudoo.

We all have been anticipating the future release of a server for our community and I have personally taken an interest in developing for the server.

However a dilemma regarding the server content faces us, there is an absurd amount of roleplay servers in the FiveM community, if I were to give a percentage off my head I'd estimate it to be over 90%.

That's why we want your opinion, the community, regarding what our first release should be about.

Roleplay: Not a personal favorite of mine and considering the very high amount of serious roleplay servers I personally wouldn't join another one. However there are almost no servers with developers as competent and creative as ours, which could perhaps give us an edge in the uniqueness of our scripts and features or our idea of light roleplay.

Freeroam/Cops and Robbers: The one I have taken interest into developing and perhaps a non-existing gamemode in FiveM. Features such as robbing banks, stores, and houses as well as legal features like trucking, diving, fishing and farming are what I had been working on. Of course players will also be able to play as police officers and assist NPC local law enforcement in apprehending criminals.

Team-Deathmatch: Another non-existing gamemode. This will be quite sinilar to the SAMP Call of Duty server, with teams, zones and all out warfare. I have also taken an interest in this and used some native GTA V functions to allow NPC interactions, such as helping you in shootouts and whatnot.

If you have any other suggestions for a gamemode or perhaps some ideas for features feel free to suggest them.

Disclaimer: This is for community opinions, while the final call remains for the big guys in management.

Edited by TiMoN

feels weird to see timon make organized phrases and use proper grammar..

we want ur old self back man

1 minute ago, soimanitorul said:

feels weird to see timon make organized phrases and use proper grammar..

we want ur old self back man

fuck off this is a civilized board

Just now, TiMoN said:

fuck off this is a civilized board

better

image.png.261655b22ab3908b0486d77dc57dfd92.png

pubg 

26 minutes ago, TiMoN said:

fuck off

I know that all of us come from Mudoo and I believe your favourite game-mode is roleplay, the reason we all are still here but please understand what you are voting for.

Timon claims that:  - "If I were to give a percentage off my head I'd estimate it to be over 90%" 

- "Considering the very high amount of serious roleplay servers I personally wouldn't join another one" 

Please keep that in mind. This will be a new community with a lot of new players and we will have to start over if we want that server to succeed, if over eighty per cent of the community servers are light/heavy roleplay then what makes us special than the rest? I believe most of them have already proven themselves as 'trustful communities' and starting a new one might not be a good idea. This condition of "there are almost no servers with developers as competent and creative as ours, which could perhaps give us an edge in the uniqueness of our scripts and features or our idea of light roleplay"...

This is a big condition, are you sure it worth to take the risk and test our luck? You may consider FiveM as a place of new opportunities, do you really want to do the same there too?

Also, please stick to the topic. Off-topic replies are not to be posted here, they will be removed and if needed the submitter will be warned.

I would go for freeroam/cop 'n robbers, but with a touch of TDM, different criminal teams, special jobs etc. With the intention to just make it a very easy and fun gamemode to play and have fun without too much pressure.

• Like 2

You can miss me with that light roleplay bullshit if the server ends up roleplay oriented.  Why anyone wants to play on a hybrid mash up of roleplay, deathmatch and freeroam is beyond me.  Would rather see Mudoo finally have a more serious roleplay server and GTA V is a perfect place for it.

On the contrary I wouldn't mind seeing something like New Dawn if you remember it.  It was a fun server with a bit of everything for everyone.  

• Like 1

You kind of referring to my post Vendrell? My suggestion is freeroam and deathmatch without the roleplay part. I agree however that we should indeed pick a direction and not have it float in between as a light roleplay server.

In regards to your suggestion of going for serious roleplay, how will we be able to distinguish ourselves from the other servers? As it seems almost all servers out there are like that.

I think the choice to move possibly the whole community from 2 different platforms one coming out from 2004 and the other from 2013 is a big step as probably im guessing to about 20% of the community will not have a pc that could run GTA V and neither they have the option to boost their pcs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Silvester_Aaron said:

20% of the community will not have a pc that could run GTA V

>goes to group threads

>all groups posting pics in 800x600

5bf.jpg

13 minutes ago, Silvester_Aaron said:

20% of the community will not have a pc that could run GTA V and neither they have the option to boost their pcs.

Good. Finally. So we can try to get some new people from the outside world and bring something new here.

1 minute ago, TiMoN said:

>goes to group threads

>all groups posting pics in 800x600

5bf.jpg

Where does that happen to fit into the conversation?

Just now, Bruce said:

Good. Finally. So we can try to get some new people from the outside world and bring something new here.

:fp

indeed the whole purpose of expanding to new games and new platforms is to gain new player base and not to live off of single same player base we have on SA:MP

Just now, LocMax said:

indeed the whole purpose of expanding to new games and new platforms is to gain new player base and not to live off of single same player base we have on SA:MP

So the management won't care about players who still want to be a part of the community but don't have the spendable money to afford to stay within it? gg

are you expecting us to buy everyone a gaming PC because they cannot play one of the servers on another game?

• Popcorn 1

1 minute ago, Silvester_Aaron said:

Shows how an admin cares for the community

Wanting to expand to further develop Mudoo is caring for the community, letting it die due to lack of new players influx by remaining on an outdated, dying platform is not.

You don't see Rockstar releasing updates for GTA Vice City or San Andreas, do you?

1 minute ago, Silvester_Aaron said:

So the management won't care about players who still want to be a part of the community but don't have the spendable money to afford to stay within it? gg

No one has claimed support for SAMP will be dropped, don't talk out of your ass.

Just now, TiMoN said:

Wanting to expand to further develop Mudoo is caring for the community, letting it die due to lack of new players influx by remaining on an outdated, dying platform is not.

You don't see Rockstar releasing updates for GTA Vice City or San Andreas, do you?

No one has claimed support for SAMP will be dropped, don't talk out of your ass.

Well the whole project will probably result in the close majority the mudoo community move to FiveM with management, admins, players 

3 minutes ago, Silvester_Aaron said:

Just now, Silvester_Aaron said:

Well the whole project will probably result in the close majority the mudoo community move to FiveM with management, admins, players 

yes people tend to want to play newer stuff

3 minutes ago, Silvester_Aaron said:

Where did you get the absurd idea that making a FiveM server means we will drop the other servers?