Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LocMax

What do you want next?

Recommended Posts

Considering the current amount of features in the server, the current rules and the state of the server, what do you want to see change, in what way and why?

 

What's evident is that the server is divided into two major groups of about equal strength where one is in favor of heavier roleplay and the other in favor of lighter roleplay.

We have major issues with enforcement of roleplay rules as most players cannot comprehend the meaning of the roleplay rules and we have a lot of subjective interpretation of rules which results in constant bickering between players and staff. Another issue that is evident is that every single situation ends up being an admin situation because every time somebody loses in a situation they report and get admins involved.

 

What are your proposals to improve the above issues and how to address these issues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I favour and prefer few heavy roleplay and stricter rules and more serious rule enforcers. Higher staff members seem to be trolling more on duty than performing their job properly. I reported few guys in game and kept asking the handler regarding report's conclusion and no answer was given to me. Even though handler was not AFK.

 

Worst thing that was added in game was group Warehouses which allowed gangs and mafias to obtain a large cache of weaponry and to begin their shootout (winning mindset) streak. With the addition of turfs and smuggle this habbit boosted.  I am not saying nerf this nerf that just add features in game which promote Roleplay rather than Death Matching.  A huge mistake done by developers that they added that the more shootouts a group will do the more group points they will earn. How? They added turfs. When a group captures it causes mass shootout and results in a group point. Smuggle causes entire server to gather at OD and spawning points and fuck each other up. Both of these should be removed and instead add that each group has to send screens  regarding any Roleplay they do which will be reviewed by Managers and they will decided that these screens are valid and will result in a group point.

 

Actual reason for people to play on this server should be to  freely perform realistic activities which they might be unable to perform in real life as a source of entertainment but people think that once you join the game you either choose police or a gang. What I observed that it is not that new player's fault but those gang member who have CnR mind and they begin PMing new players "Hey, wanna join mafia?". 

 

I suggested in the past that limit the amount of criminal groups that can be in game ataand a time and remove poor roleplay ones. It is also true that without criminal groups this server will seem empty and unenjoyable but at the place where we all are some groups have started to become actual pain in the ass. There should be a scripted rule that a player need atleast level 6-8 to be able to join a criminal group in the mean time he is able to understand how this server works and what roleplay standard he is supposed to put.

 

I bet most players have never read this in core and values section. https://mudoogaming.com/aboutus

 

IMG_20191007_153312.jpg.b96fabafcfa1015bf45b136b3ed1f485.jpg

Edited by Abraham A.Blake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Start rewarding people for good role play and be harsher on those who; cry after loose and rule break in general 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im in favour of heavy roleplay, what ends up happening is that with this light roleplay business 1. The guidelines are there but aren't clear enough for the players to understand so hence everything turns into an admin situation.  Instead this light roleplay business has morfed into a hybrid of dm, cnr and so on. So i support heavy roleplay so that people know exactly whats expected of staff and players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Abraham A.Blake said:

I favour and prefer few heavy roleplay, stricter rules and more serious rule enforcers. Higher staff members seem to be trolling more on duty than performing their job properly. I reported few guys in game and kept asking the handler regarding report's conclusion and no answer was given to me. Even though handler was not AFK.

 

Worst thing that was added in game was group Warehouses which allowed gangs and mafias to obtain a large cache of weaponry and begin their shootout winning streak. With the addition of turfs and smuggle this habbit boosted.

I agree with you turfs have been nothing but a hot bed for death matching, and also the access to guns in this server is way too easy. Same goes for smuggles a nother hotbed for dming. With regards to new players getting recruited you are absolutely right we have wannabee mafias pming new players that barely have been in game for 1 day and have no clue about the expectations. Instead the new player will be taken to a clothing store, the old player buys him guns and boom time to go and rob people with "rp". Hence things like "HANDS UP OR WE SHOOT" becomes the standard for roleplay. Then when the new guy gets verbally warned or punished in anyway he or she doesnt understand why they are wrong

Edited by Weston
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Weston said:

I agree with you turfs have been nothing but a hot bed for death matching, and also the access to guns in this server is way too easy. Same goes for smuggles a nother hotbed for dming.

Turfs were added in the first place to avoid the quality /s stop pull over hands up and shoot on sight roleplay. No one forces you to go to turfs and die, it is completely your to choice to participate in them or not. And from what I have seen people enjoy being in turfs and it avoids the unnecessary /s stop roleplay. 

 

 

Talking about the roleplay, light rp is the future, it is what makes us unique as a server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Saaruman said:

Turfs were added in the first place to avoid the quality /s stop pull over hands up and shoot on sight roleplay. No one forces you to go to turfs and die, it is completely your to choice to participate in them or not. And from what I have seen people enjoy being in turfs and it avoids the unnecessary /s stop roleplay. 

 

 

Talking about the roleplay, light rp is the future, it is what makes us unique as a server.

No saaruman the problem with turfs comes when people start  "/Report 7 dming me whislt im just standing"  then the whole damn thing turns into a shit show simply because innocent or not players get death matched for simply passing by or that are forced to take that route to get to a place. No one enjoys them if administrators get close to 8 reports in one go simply because a bunch of autistic people decided to shoot at an innocent passer by

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ned is right if u don’t wanna turf then don’t it’s as simple as that lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Abraham A.Blake said:

I favour and prefer few heavy roleplay and stricter rules and more serious rule enforcers. Higher staff members seem to be trolling more on duty than performing their job properly. I reported few guys in game and kept asking the handler regarding report's conclusion and no answer was given to me. Even though handler was not AFK.

 

Worst thing that was added in game was group Warehouses which allowed gangs and mafias to obtain a large cache of weaponry and to begin their shootout (winning mindset) streak. With the addition of turfs and smuggle this habbit boosted.  I am not saying nerf this nerf that just add features in game which promote Roleplay rather than Death Matching.  A huge mistake done by developers that they added that the more shootouts a group will do the more group points they will earn. How? They added turfs. When a group captures it causes mass shootout and results in a group point. Smuggle causes entire server to gather at OD and spawning points and fuck each other up. Both of these should be removed and instead add that each group has to send screens  regarding any Roleplay they do which will be reviewed by Managers and they will decided that these screens are valid and will result in a group point.

 

Actual reason for people to play on this server should be to  freely perform realistic activities which they might be unable to perform in real life as a source of entertainment but people think that once you join the game you either choose police or a gang. What I observed that it is not that new player's fault but those gang member who have CnR mind and they begin PMing new players "Hey, wanna join mafia?". 

 

I suggested in the past that limit the amount of criminal groups that can be in game ataand a time and remove poor roleplay ones. It is also true that without criminal groups this server will seem empty and unenjoyable but at the place where we all are some groups have started to become actual pain in the ass. There should be a scripted rule that a player need atleast level 6-8 to be able to join a criminal group in the mean time he is able to understand how this server works and what roleplay standard he is supposed to put.

 

I bet most players have never read this in core and values section. https://mudoogaming.com/aboutus

 

IMG_20191007_153312.jpg.b96fabafcfa1015bf45b136b3ed1f485.jpg

This should be for both PD and Criminal groups, and the level should be a minimum of 12. So that we have actual civilians this is why the server ends up lacking in people who can fill in other aspects of rp like lawyers, doctors and so forth because everyone believes that you are either pd or criminal 

Edited by Weston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Weston said:

This should be for both PD and Criminal groups, and the level should be a minimum of 12. So that we have actual civilians 

Around 10, agreed. In the mean time players might perform legal jobs or some crimes such as robbing or minor crimes for wealth but no for fun but every new player joining a criminal group the second he has obtained a passport has fucked up the roleplay standard. Now pointing toward the group leaders, they are responsible for the reputation and training their member that how and what they should perform and what to avoid but current leaders are.

 

"Welcome to the gang, now you can use these cars and deal drugs for money with is. Okay lets go rob some people"

 

I'll take the example of gambinos. We all know most of them are rich and don't need to rob someone to get some cash but they rob anyone found alone. Their roleplay should be to spread their members into finding some wealthy player and make a plan to rob him in an undetectable way but what they do is

/s HEY

/s STOP

/s STOP

/s STOP OR DIE

And we can't forget 24/7 driving around in black infernus and sultan showing off their power.

 

And these lines are from my personal experience.

Edited by Abraham A.Blake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Saaruman said:

Turfs were added in the first place to avoid the quality /s stop pull over hands up and shoot on sight roleplay. No one forces you to go to turfs and die, it is completely your to choice to participate in them or not. And from what I have seen people enjoy being in turfs and it avoids the unnecessary /s stop roleplay. 

 

 

Talking about the roleplay, light rp is the future, it is what makes us unique as a server.

Lol idiot, Ask to yourself, you bring everyone into the turfs system, feed new players through dm scripts and such, roleplay servers should do roleplay the right way, some players don't know to do roleplay correctly and don't have enough insight also you speaking about roleplay? You just do deathmatch all the time, your mindset is weird lol.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RANDY said:

Even if guns get harder to get, turfs harder to capture, criminals get nerfed, there's still one thing that doesnt feel right if those things get removed:
How are you gonna roleplay a legal civilian? Nobody is legal in mudoo, everyone is a criminal, everyone tries to make heroin and get ''easy money'' even if they didnt use guns illegaly. Even if someone roleplays legally, there's not really many things you can roleplay with because it's a light roleplay server, all you have is your house, going fishing and... That's basically it, or just chill at LSPD like everyone does. See what I mean? It's boring and that's why we don't have any legal roleplayers, everyone goes after guns and heroin because thats the only thing that gets them a lot of money and fun.

If you remember Locmax said he wants to encourage business rp here and not the kind where you own pns' farm's or 24/7 that just farn cash. He wanted balance the economy so that businesses can be encouraged and leg roleplay can be an actual thing here. I see a few individuals have started to encourage that including myself noth withstanding that im PD but starting something rather than sitting bacj and watching is better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, RANDY said:

I believe the server barely has any DM going on, it's just stupid players /report'ing everytime they die, that's because the majority of the playerbase is filled with kids / people who think its cool telling on anything possible, even snitch to the cops IC'ly. 

I think you were recently unbanned or are still banned. If you play the server regularly you will observe what's actually happening.

14 minutes ago, RANDY said:


How are you gonna roleplay a legal civilian? Nobody is legal in mudoo, everyone is a criminal, everyone tries to make heroin and get ''easy money'' even if they didnt use guns illegaly. 

People think that they can't do anything without money. I'm telling about myself. The paycheck of Police job is around 6k/hour and I'm not complaining because there are other legal ways to obtain more money. But criminals who make drugs 24/7 still complain that they can't get money because their mindset has been set to if you are not rich you are shit.

 

Some legend said that "Money is supposed to be hard to obtain". Think about it deeply. 

14 minutes ago, RANDY said:

. Even if someone roleplays legally, there's not really many things you can roleplay with because it's a light roleplay server, all you have is your house, going fishing and...

Once you begin playing as a legal citizen you will get ideas about legal roleplays. Those who can't live without committing a crime for fun don't get legal roleplay ideas.

Edited by Abraham A.Blake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RANDY said:

 Even if someone roleplays legally, there's not really many things you can roleplay with because it's a light roleplay server

 This is not the first time I am saying that light roleplay is not always the excuse and is invalid reason to not roleplay. The name of the server is Mudoo Roleplay (R O L E P L A Y) which does not restrict you from performing heavy roleplay acts. Roleplay means roleplay does not matter it's heavy or light. Light is written to show that standard of roleplay here can be light and easy but does not mean you are restricted to perform specific roleplays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Lol idiot, Ask to yourself, you bring everyone into the turfs system, feed new players through dm scripts and such, roleplay servers should do roleplay the right way, some players don't know to do roleplay correctly and don't have enough insight also you speaking about roleplay? You just do deathmatch all the time, your mindset is weird lol.

All you've been doing since day one is crying, now speaking about the turfs, people were balantly death matching even before the turfs existed. Turfs were added just to limit it by moving it to a particular area and those who were interested participating in it without affecting the others. Talking about roleplay, features like these and others like weed field script heroin and what not makes the server unique, it is no surprise that there exist better roleplay servers out there but people join this one just for these unique features that you won't get in any.

 

58 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Lol.

Retards like you have been trolling since day one and acting like you care about the server, fuck off you pinoy shithead, go find a way to open your eyes first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another topic another shitstorm.

 

You can add the most heavy roleplay features but its not the features that makes the server, its the people that play in it. In here it doesnt matter if you get kill by doing the most heavy roleplay situation ever, the victim will still involve a staff member just because he is salty as a motherfucker that he died by his enemies.

What would help the server is heavy roleplay rules and people to actually start punishing with serious punishments, not ban people for 1 week. That wont change anything. Give people heavier punishments and they might learn a thing or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This should already indicate toyou whats wrong with the player mentality as abraham said everyone believes you Cant be shit without being criminal. Lool at the number of business groups versus the criminal group. Your problem starts there 

Screenshot_20191007-132325.jpg

Screenshot_20191007-132328.jpg

Screenshot_20191007-132318.jpg

Screenshot_20191007-132322.jpg

Screenshot_20191007-132418.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Another topic another shitstorm.

 

You can add the most heavy roleplay features but its not the features that makes the server, its the people that play in it. In here it doesnt matter if you get kill by doing the most heavy roleplay situation ever, the victim will still involve a staff member just because he is salty as a motherfucker that he died by his enemies.

What would help the server is heavy roleplay rules and people to actually start punishing with serious punishments, not ban people for 1 week. That wont change anything. Give people heavier punishments and they might learn a thing or two.

I see so you propose instead of banning for 3 days we go for 2 weeks as a start? And what would be the criteria exactly but i agree heavy rules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The people who should face severe punishment should be the people who are knowingly and intentionally breaching rules repetitively. The issue here is that most of the staff members somehow manage to struggle differentiating between inexperienced player who does not know the right way and random trolls / intentional rulebreakers doing shit just for the sake of it. The inexperienced ones shall be given opportunities and training to learn and improve, the ones intentionally breaking rules and trolling should be banned and wiped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And some things that should be changed in my opinion

 

The difference in profit between legal and illegal jobs is too big. That means that nobody would pick doing legal jobs because they can just get far bigger profit out of illegal jobs. Money is the main motivating factor in the server. If we reduced the profit margin between legal and illegal jobs we'd have a load of cryfests from the criminals because they don't make 20 mil out of 100kg of drugs anymore in a week. 

 

The way it should be is so that the legal jobs become more used, which would require some systematic changes, such as:

- To make mechanics alive, we'd have to increase cost of pay'n'spray repairs, base the price on damage severity and the vehicle model (the sports ones cost more than the older casual ones). Then, we remove /V tow and boost price of toolkits. By doing that, we'd force people to depend on mechanics. 

- To make taxi alive, we'd have to reduce the amount of state vehicles. Perhaps remove them altogether and replace them with rental vehicles for which you pay. That would make people use taxis as they wouldn't have a vehicle all around to ride in.

 

These are two major examples of how we could make two jobs on legal side way more used and profitable. But the problem here is that by doing the changes above, and which are very needed in order to make these jobs usable, is that we'd get a fuckload of crying from the leeches and parasites who are only playing for the purpose of making millions and millions of money with minimal risk and minimal effort per week. People who are lazy sacks of potatoes and are wishing they could just sit and have 50 mil with all sports cars and mansions in the server owned by them. 

 

Which leads me to the main point which is: the biggest problem in the server are the players and their mentality. 

We suffer from a player base majority which lacks the mind and the will to roleplay. They are playing for the purpose of making millions and being the badass invincible mafia dons who always win and cannot loose. That kind of mentality and approach kills roleplay and the fun in the server. It's what causes continuous reports and issues. But how can we fix this considering the main source behind it are the kids aged 10-14?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Saaruman said:

All you've been doing since day one is crying, now speaking about the turfs, people were balantly death matching even before the turfs existed. Turfs were added just to limit it by moving it to a particular area and those who were interested participating in it without affecting the others. Talking about roleplay, features like these and others like weed field script heroin and what not makes the server unique, it is no surprise that there exist better roleplay servers out there but people join this one just for these unique features that you won't get in any.

 

Retards like you have been trolling since day one and acting like you care about the server, fuck off you pinoy shithead, go find a way to open your eyes first.

Crying of what lol? it is clear to me that you have no traditional understanding of the mind, and that postmodern discourse and midlife subcultures are the tyranny of ageing and recycling culture.  I originally made previously topics so players could feel welcomed to open a dialogue about administrative or development issues they had with server.

It served its purpose well for quite a while, but over the last set of months I've noticed that it's primarily used for people to bitch about what other players do.

There's rarely anything productive posted here anymore, so I've also said this before; there is no roleplay. I've said this before in general chat; The difference between the people who fuck around and the people who roleplay is the engagement they have with the community and the reason they have that engagement. There is "trying to break out of perceived norms" and roleplaying stupidly. I get that it may be fun to you to create a "stupid" scenario and such but it's clear that administration and the majority do not wish to have this as a standard or even as an exception. There are plenty of ways you can have a "stupid" scenario without outright being a troll.  People usually just hop on with something stupid, pushing prepubescent humor and cheap jabs with little thought and end up in trouble and throw their hands up going. If you want to do civilian roleplay, go do civilian roleplay. If you want to roleplay a refugee, a homeless person, or crackhead or anything else, go roleplay that. But make a conviction to roleplay what you roleplay, and develop an actual character around that roleplay. Don't just have a premise for existence and use that as an excuse to get into stupid shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just apply decent rules about metagaming and powergaming and lets switch to heavy RP.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
  • Make the server heavy roleplay. Players should roleplay minor actions especially whilst dealing with other players.
  • Strict punishments. Reported players shouldn't get away with a  "Verbal warning" every time.
  • Turf shootouts and smuggle should be rare occasions. Increase the cooldown time span for turfs and smuggle vastly.
  • Introduce regulations regarding metagaming. Disallow it. People who acknowledge others' identity without getting information ICly should be punished. It will reduce "/s stop or i shoot" aswell. Players should have a proper reason for roleplay robbery or murder. A person having 10m in his bank and using the lame excuse of robbery should be banished. Remove "This vehicle is owned by xxx". "Owned by Player-A" should be only displayed on businesses or large scale properties. Private houses shouldn't display the name and further on.
  • Increase the wages of legal jobs. 
  • Players should be rewarded for roleplay such as forum badges etc. as Kacper proposed.
Edited by Roy
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing you automatically agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy terms.