Jump to content
26/09/2020 17:00 IN-GAME, V-DAY

Player map icons  

105 members have voted

  1. 1. Keep the player map icons visible or keep them invisible

    • Keep player map icons as they were before, visible
    • Remove player map icons as currently is, invisible

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, John Alfred said:

I really wants it back as before, it's like you're using invisible hack so cops won't see you, I bet all the criminals are happy as fuck at the moment because they can evade easily and make every crime they need in the town without letting cops know even, like does it makes sense to alert cops about ATM blow while if I went there I don't know if the criminal is hiding there or left even? It's like you're giving advantage to criminals and making it worse for cops to arrest them, that will grow the chance of crimes while will grow crime rates. Like look around SF and LV and LS and tell me how many locations criminals can hide there? there will be like 100 or more even, who knows. Our server is light-medium roleplay so we needs it.

We can do one thing like closing LV and SF for some time. Just like the dealer comes on night for 22:00 to 5:00, in the similar way LV and SF can be closed for some hours or enable cops to close down all the tolls connecting LV and SF during pursuits or evading suspects.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheAssassin said:

Well those who are gona stay will stay irrespective of the CAC. 

 

I'm forced to CAC already hence I'm used to having no blips on my minimap, so if they implement this script, I suggest they force everyone to CAC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iMarcell said:

I'm forced to CAC already hence I'm used to having no blips on my minimap, so if they implement this script, I suggest they force everyone to CAC.

Same bro on CAC since 2018.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only useful if a whole server reform is done and tested in one go. Any gradual business will only kill the server and annoy people. 
 

This of course requires a lot of management and for those people to be very active to allow implementation and test. 
 

Otherwise, if standards remain the same, this is shooting yourself in the foot. 

Edited by Deltax
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, iMarcell said:

I've a decent idea which gonna be good for both sides, why dont we implement this to the players who wear mask? 
So whoever wears a mask will be invisible on minimap? @LocMax

 

I +1 this

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Salvatore said:

I'd like to try something new, such as removing player map icons, which perhaps can improve the roleplay in this server somehow ?

.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iMarcell said:

I've a decent idea which gonna be good for both sides, why dont we implement this to the players who wear mask? 
So whoever wears a mask will be invisible on minimap? @LocMax

 

Seems fair if the map icon removal doesn't work out/causes issues!

I know this subject can be pretty divisive, compromise seems fair on both sides.

Edited by Julio
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that masked players shouldn’t be on the map. But making the entire server without blips is a massive mistake

1 hour ago, Deltax said:

Only useful if a whole server reform is done and tested in one go. Any gradual business will only kill the server and annoy people. 
 

This of course requires a lot of management and for those people to be very active to allow implementation and test. 
 

Otherwise, if standards remain the same, this is shooting yourself in the foot. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also if you are willing to do this, you will face many problems such as nametaggers (wallhacker)

 

Edited by CraZe
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CraZe said:

Also if you are willing to do this, you will face many problems such as nametaggers (wallhacker)

 

 

Damn... that does seem a bit suspicious...

Link to post
Share on other sites

remove blips but phone tracing a particular number will show their blip on map, or a very accurate location. its a well known fact that bcr flies in planes over bc looking for blips to rob

also maybe add like a "thermal" vision camera which allows you to see other players blips in your region (like the current system) but would have a cooldown of like 20 minutes, and can only be used for 1 or 2 minutes. this would be a high priced item like masked and would use the relevant goggles clothing with it

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think many got used to it didn't they?

Anyway I'm still +1 on the idea to keep it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CraZe said:

Also if you are willing to do this, you will face many problems such as nametaggers (wallhacker)

 

 

People using nametag cheats was inevitable.   Just shows how petty some people are that they need to use a cheat just to show nametags lol.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dellpacker said:

remove blips but phone tracing a particular number will show their blip on map, or a very accurate location. its a well known fact that bcr flies in planes over bc looking for blips to rob

also maybe add like a "thermal" vision camera which allows you to see other players blips in your region (like the current system) but would have a cooldown of like 20 minutes, and can only be used for 1 or 2 minutes. this would be a high priced item like masked and would use the relevant goggles clothing with it

Sir the persons that are making drugs in BC are arrested and then after interogation droped out of BC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CraZe said:

Also if you are willing to do this, you will face many problems such as nametaggers (wallhacker)

 

sir he aslo only headshot you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, John Alfred said:

I really wants it back as before, it's like you're using invisible hack so cops won't see you, I bet all the criminals are happy as fuck at the moment because they can evade easily and make every crime they need in the town without letting cops know even, like does it makes sense to alert cops about ATM blow while if I went there I don't know if the criminal is hiding there or left even? It's like you're giving advantage to criminals and making it worse for cops to arrest them, that will grow the chance of crimes while will grow crime rates. Like look around SF and LV and LS and tell me how many locations criminals can hide there? there will be like 100 or more even, who knows. Our server is light-medium roleplay so we needs it.

 No shit Sherlock... Who cares about realism right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Removing icons = more cheaters

Simple as that

 

People will have the nametag mod, some will use it smart way and make it hard to find out, some will be smarter

 

Additionally, sniper DM during the past 24 hours was incredibly high - as a cop, patrolling Idlewood area, being shot down because "I was looking for them", even though they were untouched on the roof

 

Also, it will be hard for newbies to interact with people.

 

You need 100 adjustments if you implement this rule:

1. No collecting heroin from a car or outside the shack

2. Continue the list, I just initiated this topic

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, it is hard to make this work with the level of RP this server imposes. There is a huge group of players which constantly power game. As an example, exiting a locked car while being cuffed, running away and hiding. Then I needed to search the whole damn area to find the superman who escaped.

 

Furthermore, many script changes must be implemented in order for this "no name tag" script to work. properly, which is a huge change to this server, and in the meantime the player base could decrease because they do not like to play while the server is drastically changing. Also, you MUST consider the fact that the amount of players are much increased due to the fact that everyone is at their home because of the Corona issue. We all know that the online players rate is going to drop at least 30%, or even more, when all this is over and everything gets back to normal. Having that in mind, playing with no name tags while 30 players are online is a nightmare. This also leads to another fact that it will open up doors for many hacks that are very hard to trace.

 

Also, the RP level of majority of players does not follow up the fact that no blips will be visible. To conclude, I wouldn't do such drastic change to the server as it may cause the player base to decrease a lot and the DM ratio will increase.

Edited by Steven Adams
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why every cop is against this thing? Ah yes because they actually cant chase nobody without that well i want to inform you that with this thing the server can be better about the RP like every fucking server havent blips on the map

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jаmes locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing you automatically agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy terms.