Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TiMoN

Addressing the current crybaby situation

Posted (edited)

Frankly I believe I speak for the majority when I say that players are sick and tired of getting reported for the dumbest of reasons. It is ridiculous, takes up 30 minutes of your and the admin's time when you try to explain it to him as slowly as humanly possible so he can understand the situation.

You rob somebody and they die? Reported.

You insult somebody in /l? Reported.

You ram someone during a chase? Reported.

I believe admins should learn to tell people to fuck off and suck it up. It's a game and if you can't handle losing you should /q right now. The following points are what I believe to be precisely what is wrong right now.

1. DM reports should be handled through forum reports only, unless it's a new player or a vividly obvious deathmatching the admin should tell the dead player to use the forum report section. You shouldn't have to spend 30 minutes arguing with an admin because someone believes they unfairly died, we have forums for that.
  2. (Followup of #1) An admin should not attempt to "get both sides of the story" by teleporting everyone away and digging through /l and /b spam of chatlogs and screaming after someone is reported for DM. The victim can make their point through a forum report and then everything can be explained through that platform.
  3. If you respond to a "deathmatch" situation by shooting back, you void your right for a report.
  4. Increase deathmatching punishments to an incremental hourly admin jail time(something along the scales of 30 min, 1 hour, 2 hours etc) upon being proven guilty through the forum.
  5. Start punishing people who report for the stupidest of reasons. If someone would be so kind as to post the entire list of reports against me, that would perfectly explain my point.

This server is seriously starting to look like another instance of a former community full of cry babies and fragile snowflakes. People need to understand this is a game meant for 18+ adults and they should start acting like it.

Edited by TiMoN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Popcorn 4

Couldn't have said anything better, definitely agree with everything.

wtf are u saying snowflake generation is also ruining gameplay in our server? shocking

Just now, LocMax said:

wtf are u saying snowflake generation is also ruining gameplay in our server? shocking

yes specifically a certain demographic of people whose age is younger than the game they are playing

585710479784017920.gif?v=1

2 minutes ago, LocMax said:

imagine blaiming the entire generation for having a toxic server instead of realising most of your playerbase are 13 year old kids from third world countries

Posted (edited)

👌, both sides should discuss the situation when it's over(through PM without an admin being involved), if player X wasn't convinced from the way player Y approached him, then he could make a forum report after...

Edited by iMarcell

i think we just need to deal with player toxicity

i can't step on the server without  having to argue that i am male, and i cannot simply be female because of my name, which i did not choose. plus i am the sole owner of my name in the world i don't think anyone else has it except me, so how can it be female im hilly and fucking male

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nicolas_Cage said:

imagine blaiming the entire generation for having a toxic server instead of realising most of your playerbase are 13 year old kids from third world countries

Singapore Thank You GIF by Ang Ku Kueh Girl and Friends

34 minutes ago, TiMoN said:

I believe admins should learn to tell people to fuck off and suck it up.

Can you please fuck off?

1 minute ago, Lilith said:

Can you please fuck off?

585710479784017920.gif?v=1

I completely agree on this matter. The admins act way too lenient in some situations. The last couple days some people have been trying to rob me using threats of reporting. For example: "COMPLY NOW OR I'LL /REPORT" Even when fully complying. Now that seems like power abuse to me. 

I get that the rules here on Mudoo are less strictly enforced than let's say on a heavy RP server, but come on... these admins look like a bunch of parents who lost total control over their 80 kids who all have autism and ADHD... 

2 days ago I ran into someone in Bone County who was cooking heroin. I drove by with the intention on wishing them happy cooking and said the following words: "Howdy fella". On which the player pulled out his gun and killed me instantly. He tried to rob me and said when I was not complying within 3 seconds, he'd report me. And he did. Before spamming the whole of /ask and /support. After this incident, I explained everything to the admin in question. I was no threat to the man, why did he shoot me? Well, because it was a kid who didn't know any English and therefore thought that "Howdy Fella" means, I'm calling my friends and we're going to kill you. That's great, just great.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Enforce the same rules for everyone > kick out the bad apples > get a healthier community > attract better players

Edited by Billy_Bumpkin

4 hours ago, TiMoN said:

Frankly I believe I speak for the majority when I say that players are sick and tired of getting reported for the dumbest of reasons. It is ridiculous, takes up 30 minutes of your and the admin's time when you try to explain it to him as slowly as humanly possible so he can understand the situation.

You rob somebody and they die? Reported.

You insult somebody in /l? Reported.

You ram someone during a chase? Reported.

I believe admins should learn to tell people to fuck off and suck it up. It's a game and if you can't handle losing you should /q right now. The following points are what I believe to be precisely what is wrong right now.

1. DM reports should be handled through forum reports only, unless it's a new player or a vividly obvious deathmatching the admin should tell the dead player to use the forum report section. You shouldn't have to spend 30 minutes arguing with an admin because someone believes they unfairly died, we have forums for that.
  2. (Followup of #1) An admin should not attempt to "get both sides of the story" by teleporting everyone away and digging through /l and /b spam of chatlogs and screaming after someone is reported for DM. The victim can make their point through a forum report and then everything can be explained through that platform.
  3. If you respond to a "deathmatch" situation by shooting back, you void your right for a report.
  4. Increase deathmatching punishments to an incremental hourly admin jail time(something along the scales of 30 min, 1 hour, 2 hours etc) upon being proven guilty through the forum.
  5. Start punishing people who report for the stupidest of reasons. If someone would be so kind as to post the entire list of reports against me, that would perfectly explain my point.

This server is seriously starting to look like another instance of a former community full of cry babies and fragile snowflakes. People need to understand this is a game meant for 18+ adults and they should start acting like it.

this is very true and i can not disagree with any of the points provided 

The points are very hit. Indeed, almost all populations on this server have been like that a long time ago, even though you have reported what happened then what they did? None. They discus for hours and do not take any actions to punish them because for the reason of new players,  They do not know to speak english properly, well this dammit this a roleplay server.  Of course you have to know the concept roleplay, it is stale if some staff team bring the reason if this is a light rp server or medium of all kinds, there is no effect at all because of roleplay server then you need to do freakin roleplay instead of just hanging around with your forehead  because they are newbies. You must be strict to the rules that you made so far, big shrug.  Don't just think about the playerbase, mind also by providing quality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

The points are very hit. Indeed, almost all populations on this server have been like that a long time ago, even though you have reported what happened then what they did? None. They discus for hours and do not take any actions to punish them because for the reason of new players,  They do not know to speak english properly, well this dammit this a roleplay server.  Of course you have to know the concept roleplay, it is stale if some staff team bring the reason if this is a light rp server or medium of all kinds, there is no effect at all because of roleplay server then you need to do freakin roleplay instead of just hanging around with your forehead  because they are newbies. You must be strict to the rules that you made so far, big shrug.  Don't just think about the playerbase, mind also by providing quality.

100 percent Agreed. 

The main issue is that people don't take losses well, and find little things to report. Also I agree reporting is taking the fun away but not much can be done. Certain people still report even after they've gotten a valid reason for their death, in hopes that a administrator can see it in a different point of view. 

Get over it people, the forum reports are there for a reason. They provide an opportunity for both parties to fairly argue their point on a situation - if the owners add something which would allow everyone to give their side on the forum topics, including providing evidence that is not as easy to share in-game during the moment. These often do take longer due to the contentious nature of the report at hand, often involving more complex scenarios of rules being broken across a longer period of time.

I definitely agree with this, as I myself handle alot of pointless tickets everyday, tickets which were made for invalid reasons, for example - a player reports another player for robbing without frisking, and after you dig into the chat logs you find out that he did roleplay everything including frisking, it's just a waste of time honestly, not forgetting the players who report each and every individual who rams them, even if it was clear that it was just an accident. Deathmatch reports should be done ONLY on the forum, imo. And administrators should just start closing every ticket which was made for no specific reason with no further explanation.  In addition to that, players who get offended by every simple/small insult, such as "retard", "paki" and whatnot, honestly, just grow up...

I completely agree, admins need to stop pandering to these cry babies and tell them to shut the fuck up, I've never seen anything like it, even Argoshit wasn't this bad.

Posted (edited)

I'll give an example of what happened to me today, we had a shootout with cops, they died, I went to the knocked body and wrote /grabmask mask_****, then another wave of PD members arrived, I was tped in mid shootout to an admin sit by Bomb Gambino, the reason that cop reported me that I didnt rp taking his mask off, all though /grabmask has an auto RP line, so they find the smallest things to report you, they reason is that they cant skip their deaths.
People should behave and stop seeking to hunt players here and there, JUST LEARN TO SWALLOW...

Edited by iMarcell

To be honest it's just something players do. 

If you run up to somebody and /revive them without any physical RP, nobody complains or moans because it benefits them. Obviously we know if you rob them without RP when they're knocked down, then they would report you despite it not actually making difference to the end result. 

People will always act in their own best interest. 

7 hours ago, Salvatore said:

I definitely agree with this, as I myself handle alot of pointless tickets everyday, tickets which were made for invalid reasons, for example - a player reports another player for robbing without frisking, and after you dig into the chat logs you find out that he did roleplay everything including frisking, it's just a waste of time honestly, not forgetting the players who report each and every individual who rams them, even if it was clear that it was just an accident. Deathmatch reports should be done ONLY on the forum, imo. And administrators should just start closing every ticket which was made for no specific reason with no further explanation.  In addition to that, players who get offended by every simple/small insult, such as "retard", "paki" and whatnot, honestly, just grow up...

I can't agree with "paki" being a small insult. If I said that phrase at my workplace I'd be fired on the spot.