Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Champion

Unrealistic RP from the PD

12 hours ago, Irishman said:

The SAPD already has enough power. From unlimited heavy weapons and armor to tanks. You can put every single voulenteer into the SWAT team, we don’t mind. All we want is something in return, we all know the PD is overpowered, that’s because they are meant to stop every single crime.

We want more advantages, add features that will help criminals as well.. maybe like a tracking device we can stick up a car and /trace? Or a radio scanner we can use to tune into the official PD radio? Anything that benefits us, we’re tired of this shit.

from the bottom of my heart and i mean this. This comment is braindead

SWAT patrols are very realistic.

To put things in perspective. Say this city has this ammount of inhabitants:

image.png.16d8363d8aef0cf817d3f37d9d4f2209.png

Now let's say, that every day, at least 50 homicides happen. And that is a very light number.

That brings it to a total of 18250 homicides per year.

This city is based of Los Angeles which has just under 300 homicides per year. That is 60 times less. The city has 4 million inhabitants.

Mudoo RPG has more deaths per year than US in Vietnam War. 

I think the average player should be thankful there are no tank patrols

If there was one homicide per day no one would even go on cop duty. 

Cops play and enjoy the game only when there are criminals.

Posted (edited)

One thing that gets me is why do people feel the need to tar an entire group with the same brush? Don't say cops only play and enjoy the game when there are criminals. Because frankly I would much rather roleplay a situation with somebody than it end in a bloodbath all the time. I don't sit here and say all criminals like to kill for no reason. I've seen (and had) lots of good interactions with various criminals. 

I, and I know many others do, pride ourselves on roleplaying interactions at every opportunity. I have not issued a single fine with the command. Because what's the fun in that? Yawn. I would much sooner pull you over, talk to you, tell you what you did wrong, run some checks and have a chat. Yet more often than not even that turns into a bloodbath. Who on earth kills a cop just because the pulled them over to talk to them about the manner of their driving? Who gets fun from that situation? 

But, if you want us to improve how we interact with you, it needs to work both ways. We need some support from people to interact with us more positively.  I'd be quite happy to go on duty and have an entire shift without a single shoot out. I'd actually enjoy that more than grabbing an M4 and going gung ho on a group of people because they shot. To me, that's not my idea of fun. 

I am sure you all know how demoralising it is to have an RP abruptly ended by shooting, and it's the same for (most) of us. A traffic stop nine times out of ten has no valid reason to end in a bloodbath. If you are a mobster (not wanted), why on earth would you draw attention to yourself by killing a cop who pulls you over for a traffic offence? Unless I am missing something, I do not see the logic in that whatsoever. 

On the flip side, I totally agree that some cops are too quick to suspect and/or fine people. I don't speak on behalf of the PD here, as these are my own personal views. However, for minor law violations I would honestly much rather come to you, have a chat, tell you the error of your ways, and send you on your way. But I am limited in your own reactions allowing me to do this. The amount of times I have responded to something such as a misuse of 911 and it ends in death is, frankly, disappointing. Turning up to a false 911 call and then being executed because you "hate pigs" is just lame.  But I accept that some cops will come along, guns drawn and tell you to get down all over a false 911 call.

If people want a better police force they need to be better criminals. 

Both sides could put more effort in to make the entire experience more enjoyable for everybody. I'll happily agree with you on that. 

As I said in the event I am happy to take onboard the worst government group award and me and the rest of the supervisors, command and executive will discuss what we can do to make improvements. We aren't perfect and nor do any of us claim to be. Everybody can make improvements and you'll see them soon. 

On the subject of weapons. Yes we have a store of weapons. But all of the heavy weapons are restricted as to when the can be used and how much we have. The amount of ammo SAPD can carry is also heavily limited to prevent people getting 600 m4 and rocking around like its a toy. We do not have an unlimited supply and volunteers will vary rarely be given them. They certainly are not given them often.  Yes we get free guns, and yes we get free armour. But why would we not? Why would the police pay for their own equipment? There's no logic in that. 

To address some of the points about buying weapons. Why would the police NOT have access to better weapons than the average criminal? All the weapons we have are freely available to all of you. Yes HW are more difficult to get for you, but rightly so.

In my opinion the perks to both the criminals and police is fairly balanced. 

Edited by Shamus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

To be honest, anyone complaining about PD and claiming they are a bunch of DMers/Claiming they are OP or abusing their powers should re-consider. We have people who are suspects and going to cops themselves "HEY I AM SUSPECT". We have people who will shoot a cop because he tried to do a simple traffic stop. We have a bunch of DMers who will ally up with 50+ criminals, all carrying HW and chase SWAT and PD down to their headquarters due to a scene that originally initiated between a volunteer and someone who probably evaded a TS or some shit, do you want me to keep going? In real life a criminal won't go on a NRG and shout to a cop "HEY I AM A MURDERER CATCH ME", or someone who is wanted will go chase after a cop to kill him, instead of running away.

What do you expect from PD? To carry some UZIs and use low-rider vehicles for their duty? Of course they are fucking OP they are supported by government. You can't expect some terrorists living in the desert or some mafia to take down FBI, SWAT, and PD. Sure there will be times when PD is outnumbered and will lose, but at least we accept it because this is a game in the end and point is to have fun, I can't tolerate people who expect to always initiate a meaningless shootout and expect to win it when they get 15+ cops on their ass. I am not defending PD, It has its flaws, but so do criminals.

A shootout initiates at idlewood, you see people getting killed, you see cops and criminals trading fire, and you wander inside recklessly, and then cry when you get killed or arrested, what did you expect? A fucking candy? And mostly those who are entering are allies who are here to help, and their reasoning when they get arrested are "WE DONT DO ANYTHING HE ARREST ME FOR NO REASON". 3 days ago there was a shootout with SWAT and 20+ criminals who were protecting a friend, who was a suspect for murder. SWAT arrives on the scene and one guy has his hands up. He isn't a suspect nor did he engage in the shootout, so he was told to leave, 15 seconds later he is sniping us from our backs. If he was arrested earlier, he'd cry as well for being arrested without any proper reasoning 

You can make millions in a week if you produce enough drugs. You can get damage resistance. You can get RPG, IEDs, and Grenades which aren't even accessible by anyone in PD personnel. You can produce and use HW as much as you want and no one will address you for it as long as it's used within OOC rules. Cops have regulations. HA will never shoot at on-foot people unless they open fire at it, which is reasonably fair. Rhinos were never used since the day they were added. We have limited weapons stocks, and we use HW only with regulations.

This is getting out of hand, how we get 5+ reports and supports whenever a shootout ends because someone is mad the scene didn't end in the way he wants it to end. You don't get to decide how the scene ends. You provoked cops. Deal with it. Don't go provoking someone and be mad when he fucks you over. Get rid of the "always want to win" mentality already. You will win sometimes, you will lose sometimes. That's how it is.

Let me make it simple

You don't want to get SWAT on your ass? Don't team up with 15+ and go on a murder spree.
You don't want to get your ass nuked by HA? Don't shoot at HA. 
You don't want to get  your maverick shoot at? Don't trespass into areas that are locked down, fully knowing that they are locked down and knowing that you will get shoot down if you trespass.
You don't want to engage in a 20 mins pursuit? Don't go shooting at a cop because he wanted to give you a speeding fine.
Everything you do will be reflected on the same level on you, so don't go complain when you lose as a result of your own decisions.

If you want to see PD become a bit less harsh, I suggest you become a bit more reasonable with your scenes. That means no DM feasts over petty reasons, no constant copbaiting, no chasing and killing cops for fun. This is a RP server, so start RPing. If you are here for CnR, there are plenty of servers out there for that.

Edited by Arendameth

11 hours ago, Leonardo said:

I don't think it sounds very realistic either for dozens of criminals to reveal themselves and show up gunning every cop they see in their way in the middle of a busy city. Bottom point is that trying to look to issues through the realism lense when it befits your argument isn't really the best thing to do and already prompts me to believe you're not being honest in your reading of things. 

Now, onto the issue:

The police is a reactive force which is meant to act only to stop crimes and criminals, which works with a simple principle: they are never allowed to engage first, unless the criminal wields a gun and poses a direct threat to someone's life or clear warnings were given before [lockdown of areas, for example], or that would be either attempt to murder [in roleplay] or just plain deathmatch. 

The management does not interfers with police issues or regulations as they're completely in-character, unless they end up overlapping their roleplay character and are found to be negatively interfering into other people's experience in the server, or characterizes a breach of server rules.

A recently issued SAPD regulation that allowed SWAT to invite any police officer on-spot during ingame situations was deemed to overlap the script abuse rule, since SWAT has benefits on-duty that normal police officers do not. That was considered analogous to the prohibition of criminal groups from inviting people to their groups on-spot just to be able to capture turfs. In the same way, it was disencouraged and disallowed.

Even though this specific piece of rule was disallowed, the SAPD should still be allowed to recruit anyone who they deem fit to be a member of SWAT following the criteria they define, as long as it is not characterized to be on-spot recruiting just to gain advantage. A reasonable recruitment should follow at least a reasonable way, in where the SAPD member is trained and instructed how to behave in the field. I do believe the SAPD may and should take appropriate actions that are proportional to crime raise. The SAPD has deemed to take actions considered necessary due to a raise in violent crimes and situations. This isn't about "raging because dying all the time", it's about portraying your character properly.

In the same way, it is expected that SWAT sticks up to the core of their roleplay portrayal and behaviour properly. Since the SAPD is mainly a reactive force, it is expected in their roleplay portrayal that they respond [react] proportionally to the danger of the situation they're engaging.

I hope that clears out some concerns here.

well said.

Posted (edited)

I disagree With all of this , I am from BCR and i think we had the most shootouts with PD , Its all about tactics.

Sometime we wins and some times they wins.

Its just a Game. 

The thing about being a criminal is the Risk of making a lot or lossing a lot.

I will like to quote a situation from back 2 days where 2 Swat members killed all of Us present at the shootout and Tommarrow I alone killed 2 Swats and 1 volueenter. Both of the Sit occurred near BCR Bunker. 

Its just that sometimes your opponent is having a very good day.

Edited by TheAssassin

1 minute ago, TheAssassin said:

I disagree Will all of this , I am from BCR and i think we had the most shootouts with PD , Its all about tactics.

Sometime we wins and some times they wins.

Its just a Game. 

The thing about being a criminal is the Risk of making a lot or lossing a lot.

I will like to quote a situation from back 2 days where 2 Swat members killed all of Us present at the shootout and Tommarrow I alone killed 2 Swats and 1 volueenter. Both of the Sit occurred near BCR Bunker. 

Its just that sometimes your opponent is having a very good day.

we're having a shootout right now in-game, I bet that you're gonna create a topic crying on how pd is overpowered after it ends, lol.

Just now, iChiwi said:

we're having a shootout right now in-game, I bet that you're gonna create a topic crying on how pd is overpowered after it ends, lol.

nah dude we are having fights from 2018 and none of the PD is OP topics is made from BCR or LET.

Only cry Babies are from LS.

i just read the whole topic and came to the following Conclusion.

Criminal thinks Law Enforcement is overpowered. They deploy Swat on the basis of just 1 evading Suspection. Swat Patrols the streets.

The Problem here is not the Swat or its recuitment and regulations. The problem is the normal PD on the basis of using stuff as enjoyment.

Like to chase a premier HSU is deployed , Why because the officer likes to drive a Fast car.

My opinion about this is that Abuses like these should be strictly prohibited. 

Rest of the Swat/PD thing is good.

Posted (edited)

Simple, dont go by air, dont shoot at hydra, if he harms you, then you report.

About the SWAT inviting random people, they people who were recently invited (the recruits/volunteers) are experienced and trained people from other servers, I guess.

Edited by Rooney Winters

2 hours ago, TheAssassin said:

Like to chase a premier HSU is deployed , Why because the officer likes to drive a Fast car.

My opinion about this is that Abuses like these should be strictly prohibited. 

I have personally never seen someone doing that, but I may have simply missed it. Instead of complaining about it, you should actually report it to people who can actually take care of it and punish those who break the regulations. People will always break the rules, but if nobody reports them then they will never get punished.

(The "you" in this sentence refers to everyone who sees someone breaking the server rules and/or PD regulations, not necessarily Assassin alone)

Sir Jelly i cant report because many times the Officer kills me even if i surrender and if he dont kill i dont have enough evidence.

1 time i was been robbed by 3 guys and suddenly 2 volueenters came there and they along with them robbed me and the Suspected me of having drugs then they killed me.

(Warning: the below post may contain words that may hurt your feelings, reading discretion is advised!)

Want me to be honest with you? I think you all are bunch of crying twats who dies at a shootout, rages at public chat, goes on forums and talks trash with 0 evidence yet invalid accusations. If you think this SWAT is OP, you should have been here in 2018, that was something else. If you think this SWAT is OP, I suggest you go take a look at other servers such as IMRP where Hunters are deployed even on foot suspects. 

I have noticed some points keep getting brought up, I'll clear most of them then I'll let you keep crying here.

1. Heavy Air aka Hunter/Hydra

If you don't know this, Heavy Air has certain regulations to deploy it, breaking this regulations can and will result in both administrative punishment as well as department punishment. Hunter/Hydra doesn't shoot at on foot suspects unless it's shot at, and neither it shoots you if you don't trespass a restricted air space or otherwise don't comply to landing if you are suspected. So far I haven't seen single evidence as to how the Heavy Air is being abused.

2. ''Unlimited Weapons''

To the people that keep saying ''Criminals have to work for weapons BUT YOU DONT!!!''. Are you even listening to yourself? It's the fucking police, of course we will get weapons funded to us, what the fuck is your logic here? Do you want us to buy weapons? Do you know how shitty is our paycheck? To put it in perspective Senior Trooper paycheck = Sergeant's paycheck, that's how shitty paychecks we get, yet we don't complain because we get free cars and free weapons/armour. The stock is limited, it runs out occasionally if equipped a lot, so do not for one second think we have unlimited weapons. Not to forget to mention, we can only carry 60 sniper ammo along with 300 M4 ammo script wise. Compared to criminals (atleast the rich ones) they have 150+ snipers. 

3. Bunkers with 8k hp

Criminals can upgrade their vehicles to 3k hp, and there is no limit as to how many vehicles you can upgrade, it depends on your affordability. Bring up 3 Premiers with 3k hp against 2 bunkers with 8k hp, have 3 people from the premier dbing, see how easily you defeat the bunker. But no, you want things on your table. You can even snipe the driver. But no, we are too dumb to realize that we can shoot the driver. 

Summary

Want to know the opinion of a guy who has played here since the release of the server as both criminal and cop for long time? It's balanced, again, if you think this SWAT is OP, go back to 2018 and see how OP that was. You are just talking shit, topics such as these should be closed immediately as they serve no purpose other than crying and spreading hate with no evidence and baseless arguments. 

This is a video that I recorded today. The situation goes as follows;

1. BCR are suspected, panic calls occur at Las Payasadas, cops fall back to EQPD, BCR are still there. BCR members saw the PD regrouping and informed the rest of the members.

2. Cops spent 5-10 mins preparing and reequipping, waiting for SWAT to arrive.

3. SWAT goes to check the panic call even though 10 mins had passed.

4. A convoy of criminals, going to EQPD for a shootout. (It's understandable considering BCR are terrorists and they want to keep cops out of their territory)

5. BCR dies due to their stupidity, and of course, the OOC Public Chat moaning starts, with idiotic comments saying PD is OP.

Point is, you yourself approached the PD, you should know of the circumstances attacking a police force, you should know you will get fucked, so what is that you do in this case? You turn around, and fucking evade. Isn't so hard is it? 

Lastly, I request Mudoo Staff to lock any threads such as this one and punish the ones who make such topics because 1, the topics contain nothing but false arguments 2, the topics spread toxicity and hate 3, the topics fail to provide any actual valid argument or evidence 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJbC9wfeHdU

Posted (edited)

double post 

Edited by CraZe

conclusion:

1. SWAT is not allowed to invite everyone per situation
  2. Heavy Air does not bombard ground targets unless ground targets engage the Heavy Air
  3. Police have free weapons because they are government faction - just as in real life, government supplies its agencies resources
    1. Weapons that can be equipped are limited in quantity - it's not infinite as some claim
  4. We'll improve clarifications about what is considered OOC and what IC  in terms of police as it's a commonly abused excuse to avoid punishment