Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moncho D.

Copbaiting in reverse

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Well, copbaiting happens a lot and players get punished well for doing it, since it's a rulebreak. But what about cops who lure criminals into shootouts, driving cars near the motel, provoking us, telling us to shut the fuck up, to agonize us. That shit's gotta stop, it always ends up into a shootout and SWAT using their unlimited power (which is also a problem). My goal with this is to get admins to do more about this shit that always happens, copbaiting is not acceptable, so neither is this.

Edited by Ramon Dominguez
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

agreed i was followed by a cop for 15 minutes the other day and then i got pulled over for running a red light even thouugh traffic lights client side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe some cops are just tendencious to assume that a bunch of people together means trouble by itself, even though they are not really doing anything, and there are some people who are just packed for action and will go fingers crossed once they see a crowd so something happens. I guess that just takes a little bit of education for police recruits to understand the game means more than hard-packed action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ban volunteers

like dont remove volunteer feature but instead ban anyone who goes on volunteer duty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dellpacker said:

ban volunteers

like dont remove volunteer feature but instead ban anyone who goes on volunteer duty

a useful way to remove volunteer feature but without actually removing it script-wisely, however, I've seen volunteers camping at Gas Station 9 and Idlewood Motel, then later pressing panic button and starts shooting and the other players that didn't even shoot start shooting. Change the volunteer system, at least add the ability to interview, they're causing so much trouble.

 

 

Do you need a simple way without scriptin too much? /groupjobpermissions -> State Lead Trooper and every higher rank (Invite players to group), remove the exam thingy, easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest issue of all this is, it's also senior troopers luring people into shootouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ramon Dominguez said:

The biggest issue of all this is, it's also senior troopers luring people into shootouts.

Agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just stop crying and don’t fall for their insults, you expect SWAT to come and give you flowers when you provoke them back

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No but when we insult them it's considered copbaiting, what the fuck is that all about? If they fall for our traps we get warned for copbaiting, if we fall for their traps SWAT will snipe and DB us in their bunkers, bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ramon Dominguez said:

No but when we insult them it's considered copbaiting, what the fuck is that all about? If they fall for our traps we get warned for copbaiting, if we fall for their traps SWAT will snipe and DB us in their bunkers, bullshit.

If that’s the case then avoid making traps or falling for them, that way you’ll be satisfied and you won’t complain, I never got warned for copbaiting, when cops provoked me and my friends we called them pigs till they got pissed and left, we didn’t shoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you know even a little about the situation in Idlewood, they are there 24/7, tazing people only for insulting them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been on mudoo for over a year I know a lot, but you’re not angels either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, because we roleplay a Mexican gang, of course we wont be nice to cops, but we never lure them into shootouts or anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This topic shouldn't only be focused on what's happening in Idlewood. You can clearly see that other people are experiencing the same issues. Banning volunteers would be an option but then again it's extreme. Instead make 'the volunteers' actual volunteers, don't hand them weapons only a baton and spray and a radio. If they need an actual cop on the scene they should ask for backup or a supervisor AND THESE OFFICERS SHOULD BE THE EXAMPLE.  To come back to the point what Leonardo said is true, there needs to be education. For example many times I got suspected for 'attempt to do a crime'* (also troopers doing this), shouldn't cops specify the crime people are suspected for in the first place? This seems like a flaw in the education aswell.

 

Cops should be punished for baiting civilians, it's a problem that happens and should also be enforced.

 

* [02:57:51] Gerard_Stewart (8) suspected you of SA-PSC § VII.1. Attempt to do a crime

Happend just today, keep in mind that this is not a volunteer.

Edited by Luis_B
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were driving (3 of us ) around Venturas, a gang of cops said PULL OVER. I did the same ( I was the driver). They said driver throw the keys out from the window. I was like "WTF THEY ARE LOOKING FOR". I said why what's the reason? They just simply said "Comply with us". I did the same, I was thinking like they are gonna make it a very nice and big IC scene. I comply and I did the same. Now they said step out with your hands up, I did the same. After getting out from the car, I simply did /handsup but they still tazed me. Like tazer is a toy for them, they don't even know the mean of tazer, they're just simply tazing people around to make it a shootout scene. (What else to do on mudoo nowadays) i wasn't even suspected but they still cuffed. Alright, nevermind it I got cuffed. Now they started dragging me inside their cruiser. Wait, first they frisked me but they didn't found anything illegal. One senior was like why do you have a deagle on you? I was like "wtf man, I've a permit to buy a deagle, isn't it legal if you've a permit?" He was saying no it's illegal. **shrugs**

 

 

Let's come to the point now, I wasn't even suspected nor my friend who were with me. A cop dove me over to the LVPD he frisked me again and he still didn't found anything illegal. Now the point is he needs to SU me if he wants to jail me, otherwise he can't jail me. I simply said quietly "Sir I didn't done anything wrong there, I don't even know why are you behaving with me like this" He said "Shut the fuck up" like what the fuck? Then he simply speaking on his radio he isn't SU what charges for him? After 2 minutes he got a reply which was this.

1 hour ago, Luis_B said:

* [02:57:51] Gerard_Stewart (8) suspected you of SA-PSC § VII.1. Attempt to do a crime

As Luis_B said and he jailed me for 80 seconds. Like what the fuck happened to our mudoo it wasn't like that before. I reported that cop to IA but I still didn't get a reply from there too. Like it doesn't matter if you report a cop to IA, and nobody cares about you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Luis_B said:

This topic shouldn't only be focused on what's happening in Idlewood. You can clearly see that other people are experiencing the same issues. Banning volunteers would be an option but then again it's extreme. Instead make 'the volunteers' actual volunteers, don't hand them weapons only a baton and spray and a radio. If they need an actual cop on the scene they should ask for backup or a supervisor AND THESE OFFICERS SHOULD BE THE EXAMPLE.  To come back to the point what Leonardo said is true, there needs to be education. For example many times I got suspected for 'attempt to do a crime'* (also troopers doing this), shouldn't cops specify the crime people are suspected for in the first place? This seems like a flaw in the education aswell.

 

Cops should be punished for baiting civilians, it's a problem that happens and should also be enforced.

 

* [02:57:51] Gerard_Stewart (8) suspected you of SA-PSC § VII.1. Attempt to do a crime

Happend just today, keep in mind that this is not a volunteer.

Correct. The "attempt to do a crime" law states that an attempt to commit a crime shall be punished in the same way as if the crime had been committed. Therefore, they should be suspecting for the crime you attempted to commit.

 

Same goes for "ignorance of the law". Ignorance of the law is not a crime in itself; the reason that is in the PSC is to demonstrate that whether or not you are aware of a law is irrelevant. If a crime is committed, you should be punished even if you deny an understanding of it.

Edited by Ben Blake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ben Blake said:

Correct. The "attempt to do a crime" law states that an attempt to commit a crime shall be punished in the same way as if the crime had been committed. Therefore, they should be suspecting for the crime you attempted to commit.

 

Same goes for "ignorance of the law". Ignorance of the law is not a crime in itself; the reason that is in the PSC is to demonstrate that whether or not you are aware of a law is irrelevant. If a crime is committed, you should be punished even if you deny an understanding of it.

Roaming in car is a crime. 

I only see it as abuse , "the attempt to do Crime" was added when someone is caught during a robbery or nuking ATM , not for free roaming.

4 hours ago, Lopez said:

We were driving (3 of us ) around Venturas, a gang of cops said PULL OVER. I did the same ( I was the driver). They said driver throw the keys out from the window. I was like "WTF THEY ARE LOOKING FOR". I said why what's the reason? They just simply said "Comply with us". I did the same, I was thinking like they are gonna make it a very nice and big IC scene. I comply and I did the same. Now they said step out with your hands up, I did the same. After getting out from the car, I simply did /handsup but they still tazed me. Like tazer is a toy for them, they don't even know the mean of tazer, they're just simply tazing people around to make it a shootout scene. (What else to do on mudoo nowadays) i wasn't even suspected but they still cuffed. Alright, nevermind it I got cuffed. Now they started dragging me inside their cruiser. Wait, first they frisked me but they didn't found anything illegal. One senior was like why do you have a deagle on you? I was like "wtf man, I've a permit to buy a deagle, isn't it legal if you've a permit?" He was saying no it's illegal. **shrugs**

 

 

Let's come to the point now, I wasn't even suspected nor my friend who were with me. A cop dove me over to the LVPD he frisked me again and he still didn't found anything illegal. Now the point is he needs to SU me if he wants to jail me, otherwise he can't jail me. I simply said quietly "Sir I didn't done anything wrong there, I don't even know why are you behaving with me like this" He said "Shut the fuck up" like what the fuck? Then he simply speaking on his radio he isn't SU what charges for him? After 2 minutes he got a reply which was this.

As Luis_B said and he jailed me for 80 seconds. Like what the fuck happened to our mudoo it wasn't like that before. I reported that cop to IA but I still didn't get a reply from there too. Like it doesn't matter if you report a cop to IA, and nobody cares about you.

Sergio its a felony stop and you can kill them.

Killing on TS is not allowed but you can kill for felony stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheAssassin said:

Roaming in car is a crime. 

I only see it as abuse , "the attempt to do Crime" was added when someone is caught during a robbery or nuking ATM , not for free roaming.

Sergio its a felony stop and you can kill them.

Killing on TS is not allowed but you can kill for felony stop.

Hmm? I'm just agreeing with Luis that cops shouldn't randomly suspect for attempt to commit a crime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lopez said:

, I simply did /handsup but they still tazed me. Like tazer is a toy for them, they don't even know the mean of tazer, they're just simply tazing people around to make it a shootout scene. (What else to do on mudoo nowadays) 

!!!!!! This happens waaaaaaaaaaay too often and this is a perfect example of what I like to call; 'criminal baiting'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

me and my friend got pulled over randomly, we did /handsup and still they sniped us, the cops are just retarded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah, they always do something to lure us into shootouts, either with words, their taser, with a baton or aiming their guns at you for no reason, but boy! If they see you having your gun out anytime anywhere, expect 6 snipers aimed right on your head with 2 SWAT bunkers and M4's right in front of you. (Literally happened yesterday)

Edited by Ramon Dominguez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

 

image.png

image.png

image.png

 

 

[21:17:55] Dinghy Davidson says: He was going on the wrong lane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess Leonardo and Matthew both on our side with this,
Great, now please find a solution for it...

Pretty sure if you asked for suggestions people will be more encouraged to give some, which might help out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ramon Dominguez said:

The biggest issue of all this is, it's also senior troopers luring people into shootouts.

 

https://pd.sagov.us/forms/?n=2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing you automatically agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy terms.